Back Alley Brawler is a hero trainer in Galaxy City in the Freedom Court section located 315 yards south of the Yellow Line monorail station at coordinates (367.0, 66.0, -832.0). His location is marked on the map as a contact.
Heroes find him as an ally at the end of the Mender Silos Task Force.
Villains face him as a signature hero in Recluse's Victory as well as in the following missions:
- Take down the Back Alley Brawler from Crimson Revenant (Level 30-34)
- Destroy Statesman and Freedom Phalanx from Lord Recluse (Level 45-50)
- The final mission of the Mender Silos Task Force.
One of the most veteran heroes in Paragon City, the Brawler is in semi-retirement, training the next generation of heroes. Though he rarely goes into the field these days, his power and fighting skills are still as potent as ever.
Michael was the son of a gang enforcer. He joined the Paragon City police force to try and make a difference. When he realized that was not getting the job done he adopted the name and costume of a hero, the Back Alley Brawler. Michael used training techniques from all over the world to toughen his resistance and increase his strength. All through the late 70's and the 80's, he fought in the streets and alleys of the city. The Brawler briefly went into retirement after that, but came back out to help with the Rikti War. Now he coordinates the efforts of heroes in Galaxy City.
- Back Alley Brawler is a member of the Surviving Eight, who vowed on the honor of the fallen to continue to protect and rebuild Paragon City.
- His Praetorian Earth counterpart is Marauder.
- He is mentioned in the description of the Brawler exploration badge, and he is the subject of many plaques spread throughout the city, leading to earning the Scholar history badge.
- He was a member of the Regulators along with Blue Steel.
- Currently works with the Freedom Phalanx.
- His name is sometimes given as "Back Street Brawler" in various forums, but Back Alley Brawler is the correct name.