Leveling pacts are a way of keeping two characters in sync that was introduced in Issue 13, which went live on December 2, 2008. It was described as:
- A new innovation to MMOs, this system allows you and a friend to create new characters and have your XP be permanently in sync, whether both characters are online or not. You will always be the same level, even if your friend plays ten times more often than you do! It's sort of like "Extreme Sidekicking."
- A pact can only be created between characters who are Level 5 and under.
- To begin a pact, right-click on your friend's character, their name on your team, or their name on your friends list and choose "Invite to Leveling Pact".
- XP and Influence are split between both players.
- There can only be two characters in a leveling pact
- You can break out of a pact at any time. Of course, the pact will be permanently broken if you've passed level 5
- Leveling pacts are broken by a Server Transfer.
- Characters don't lose any XP by joining a leveling pact.
- If one character has more experience than the other, the higher character won't earn any XP until the characters are equalized.
- All forms of XP gain are divided between characters, including mob XP, mission XP, badge XP, and patrol XP
Q and A Edit
Q and A 
- Debt is still tracked on a per player basis. The player with debt will just earn less for the pact until their debt is payed off.
- Translation?: When XP is earned by a partner and transferred to a player with debt, this isn't used to payback the debt
- Do they have to be on a team together if they are both logged on?
- Pohsyb: Nope
- If they are both truckin away, but on different teams, does the split still happen?
- Pohsyb: Yes
- Do ALL sources of XP get split in this manner? (entity death, mission completion, arc completion, glowie clicking, etc)
- Pohsyb: Yes
- If A is exemped one one team and B is not, on another, does A get XP regardless?
- Pohsyb: A will not earn XP towards the pact, but will still get his share from B.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.