|Real Name||Jean-Pierre Lourdin|
|Primary Powers||Illusion Control|
Heroes find him as an ally at the end of the Mender Silos Task Force.
Villains face him in the following missions:
- Speak to Daos, then get the stolen pages of the Malleus Mundi from Malaise mission from Scirocco (Levels 40-44)
- At the end of the Mender Silos Task Force
Heroes could battle Malaise during the Calvin Scott Task Force which is no longer available. It is possible that players might be able to participate in this task force again in the future using Flashback.
Jean-Pierre Lourdin was not always a hero. He began his career as a villain in Europe, using the twisted images in his mind to commit robberies. With INTERPOL hot on his trail he landed in Paragon City, where his broken thoughts were detected by Sister Psyche. She confronted him and after an intense battle was able to subdue him.
She spent months healing the damage to his mind and has taught him more productive uses of his abilities. Sister Psyche vouched for him with the authorities and he has been allowed to help with the current crisis in Paragon City. Many are keeping a watchful eye on Malaise, however, for signs of his madness returning.
See Also Edit
- Malaise's Vindicators profile for a list of his powers
- Malaise's Praetorian Earth counterpart is also named Malaise. He is one of only two heroes in the game to be their own Praetorian counterparts, the other being fellow Vindicator Infernal.
- He was Sister Psyche's sidekick and a Hero Trainer before Calvin Scott ruptured his mind link with Sister Psyche.
- After the events of the Calvin Scott Task Force, Ms. Liberty found Malaise and offered him a spot on the Vindicators. Malaise has done questionable things, but the Vindicators believe he can be one of the good guys.  Many are keeping their eye on him however in the event that he does revert back into a rogue.