Villain City Zone (1-8)
|Trainers:||Arbiter Diaz, Arbiter Richard|
|Exploration Badges:||Cesspool, Chum, Fortified, Snake Charmer, The Next Big Thing, Widower|
|Enemies:||Arachnos, Hellions, Infected, Longbow, Rogue Island Police, Skulls, Snakes|
|Connecting Zones:||Cap Au Diable, Port Oakes|
|Mercy Island at VidiotMaps.com|
Mercy Island is the first place a villain goes after escaping from the Breakout tutorial zone. As a beginner-level zone, most of the enemies are levels 1 - 6.
This is the first zone that everyone in the Rogue Isles arrives at after making their break from prison. Here they meet their first contact (Kalinda or Matthew Burke) and begin to make thier presence known to the powers that be. They begin in an area called "Fort Darwin," which also plays home to their first trainer: Arbiter Diaz. They'll likely spend their first five to six levels running missions out of here for before picking up a new contact to the south. They tangle with large numbers of snakes, breaking the back of that group (at least on Mercy Island). Later missions take them to the area to the south called "Fort Cerberus."
Important Locations Edit
Monument or plaque
The Fortunata Fateweaver who adjusts a villain's notoriety in this zone is located under the clocktower at the Darwin's Landing marker, close to the center of the zone.
- Darwin's Landing, the large neighborhood that forms most of the northern part of the zone.
- Fort Cerberus, the small Arachnos fort in the southeastern part of the zone. Ghost Widow's tower is located in this zone.
- Fort Darwin, the area where a villain starts his career in the Rogue Isles and that contains Kalinda and Arbiter Diaz.
- Mercy, the neighborhood south of the wall that, along with Darwin's Landing, forms most of the neighborhood.
Exploration Badges Edit
Many would be villains have drunk their fill from the cesspool in hopes it might grant super power. Mostly they go insane.
Just when you thought it was safe...
Arachnos built the wall around Mercy to keep it safe.
| Snake Charmer|
This is the main entrance to the Snakes' underground lair. You really don't want to go down there.
| The Next Big Thing|
This is the good life. The higher up you get, the bigger you are.
They say that lonely tower is the home of Ghost Widow, Lord Recluse's phantom servant.
- Kalinda sells level 1 and 5 training enhancements.
- The Quartermasters in Mercy Island sell level 5, 10, and 15 training enhancements.
Transfer Points Edit
- There is a ferry south of the Mercy neighborhood that takes a villain to the Port Oakes zone.
- The Black Helicopter line, located in the Fort Cerberus neighborhood, takes villains to Cap Au Diable.
- There is also a helicopter in the Fort Darwin zone close to Kalinda that will allow a villain to move between Mercy Island instances, if there is more than one.
Villain Groups Edit
- This and other City of Villains maps are available as downloadable in-game maps.
- This map was created using graphic resources from VidiotMaps City of Heroes map Web site.