Several powers in CoH fall into the category of "Anchored Debuffs". Radiation Emission has two, Dark Miasma has one, Sonic Resonance has one.
They're all toggle powers. They're all PBAoE around someone else. And three of the four are targeted on AN ENEMY. Sonic has the odd man out (and more useful for it). It is toggled on an ally. Because of this, it is much less likely to be dropped unexpectedly.
- 1 The Powers
- 2 Anchor's Bane
- 3 Who's your bitch?
- 4 Anchor's Bane's Bane
- 5 Using the Anchor
- 6 When to switch it off
- 7 Parting Words
- Darkest Night: -dam, -acc. Purely defensive. Enemies hit less often and do less damage when they do manage to hit. It is (by default) represented by a black field on the ground.
- Enervating Field: -dam, -res. Both offensive …
AKA - How to know when you're on a good team.
When a melee foe agros you, they run up to ya. They might take a pot-shot or two at you on the way in, but are generally easy to manipulate.
When a ranged foe agros you, they run into range/Line of Sight, and start banging away. They're harder to mess with, but Not Impossible.
When you agro a mob, while you're in LOS, the ranged guys basically sit there and shoot while the melee'ers run up and do their thing. You've probably seen this a thousand times.
When you agro a mob and IMMEDIATELY BREAK LOS (or even manage to break it before you agro), they all come running to basically the same spot, then the melee types close while the ranged types sit there. If that "same spot" is a couple feet away fr…
It's been a while. Lots of changes. I started in the CoH beta, and played for about a year. IIRC, WoW stole me.
At any rate, I'm back. Lots of changes, lots of The Same.
- Enhancement Diversification. Wow. My slotting was broken.
- Inventions. Crafting in CoH, nice.
- Where'd all the leadership powers go?
- Where'd all the non-emp defenders go? I used to run my rad/rad defender in an all-defender supergroup. We'd buff the snot out of each other, debuff the bad guys into tissue paper, and go gargles-chainsaws-nuts all over purples. rad x 2-3/kin x 1-3/misc/misc/misc-> Plus we all had the aforementioned leadership powers. Everyone's recharge rates are stupid-high, damage capped, can't run out of endurance even if you tried, nobody misses, an F…